In the meantime, here's what's been on my mind today. In recent days and months, Psalm 143 has become one of my favorites. It covers everything from desperate cries for mercy, to remembering God's past faithfulness, to the yearning of the soul to know God, to deliverance from trouble. I've found myself following those same steps fairly frequently over the course of the summer, and there've been a lot of times when Ps. 143 was the prayer I couldn't find the words to pray. (So read it, if you haven't recently! Or even if you have...)
I'm just going to quote one verse here. I think it's my favorite out of the whole chapter because of the need, trust, and intimacy of the request... Someday, I want to be able to pray this prayer and fully, truthfully mean every word:
"Let me hear in the morning of Your steadfast love, for in You I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul." (Ps. 143:8)
No comments:
Post a Comment