Something that ended up on paper one very stressful day Junior year...
Enough
Pushing, reaching, clawing--
Never enough.
Straining, emptying, tearing--
The edges fray.
Always hungry, always waiting,
Always wanting.
Spinning faster, stretching farther,
Trying not to break.
Striving for the unreachable
And missing.
Trying again, trying harder,
Trying smarter.
Nothing changes—same old thing,
Cold creeps in.
No more room for caring—
Numbness aches.
Greedily taking, greedily devouring,
Greedily needing.
No more strength
Can’t do it alone and shouldn’t have tried.
Impossible
But not You.
Overcoming, superseding
Flowing in and through and bringing healing.
Breaking down, pouring out
But, oh, the tenderness in the infilling...
Going beyond, rising above—
No limits, no demands, no conditions, no end.
Undeserved, given freely
Will never, could never be repaid.
Perfection from inadequacy—
Your grace is enough for me.
The phrase "numbness aches" is interesting... and true, I think.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I just created a new blog, myself. I couldn't post on your blog without "selecting a profile." I could have used the username from my old blog as a profile, but I am no longer fond of that username (I created it when I was in high school), and I haven't written on that blog in forever. Maybe this is a blessing that will inspire me to write more on my new blog.
- Erin
- Erin
Yay! I'll find your new blog and stalk you!!! :D
ReplyDelete