Aug 9, 2010

Fire in my bones...

I've considered beginning a blog for a while, but I've held off for a long time, partly cause if you asked me what I have to post, I have no clue, and partly cause, to be quite honest, the idea of people being able to read stuff that I've written kind of scares me to death.  About the only writing I do that is not directed to someone or for academic reasons is the very personal kind - journaling or occasionally trying to figure things out and resorting to written words to do so.  And that writing, along with many other things, is kept strictly between me and God.  Not something that I would ever dream of sharing.  Especially not intentionally...so I guess blogging is easier in that way...  Thankfully, I don't know who's reading it or when.

But I think God has other plans.  It started a couple years ago, when I was in the middle of an insane week.  The only way I was able to find relief was writing, and the result later became a note to be posted on Facebook, at God's insistence.  I knew that God wasn't done making me share things but I was reluctant, didn't have anything else I felt needed sharing, and kind of just forgot the whole thing.  Even though I forgot, God kept poking me to write at odd moments - nothing fancy, just a bit here and there.  And I kept feeling the urge to share things, although I was never quite sure where, and fear kept me from any taking advantage of opportunities that did present themselves.

And tonight, I wasn't even considering creating a blog (furthest thing from my mind), but the next thing I knew, I had already clicked on the link and it was underway.  So I'm going to try to be obedient (if this is indeed God's idea) and post what I get told to post.  Like Jeremiah says,
If I say, 'I will not mention Him, or speak anymore in His name,' there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in and I cannot." (Jer. 20:9)
So here goes the leap of faith.  We'll see what happens...  Thanks for extending me grace and understanding - I need it. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT WHEN YOU SHARE!! And I love YOU!

    Now we can creep on each other's blogs and mutually cringe that people are reading our work. ;)

    <3 Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! :D (At least for the creeping and cringing part...)

    Haha. Love you back!

    ReplyDelete